Brian Baumgartner, the famous American actor best known for his role as Kevin Malone in the NBC sitcom The Office, was born on November 29, 1972, in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. He has always had an interest in the performing arts and received an extensive education in speech, theater and acting at some of the best high schools and universities in the country. After graduating from high school, Baumgartner moved to Los Angeles to begin his professional life. In 2005, Baumgartner landed the lead role of Kevin in the hit television series “The Office.”
Brian Baumgartner Backstory
- After a severe leg injury at the age of 13 forced Brian Baumgartner to spend a considerable amount of time in a wheelchair, his dreams of playing professional baseball were dashed.
- Brian Baumgartner was a classmate of Ed Helms, who later starred in “The Office”
- As a high school student, he attended Northwestern College’s “Cherub” summer program, where he took a variety of college-level courses and activities, including acting.
- He was the artistic director of the Hidden Theater in Minneapolis.
Baumgartner says he spent his childhood in an ideal environment. His parents were both academics; his father taught at Emory College and his mother stayed home to raise him. The private schools Baumgartner attended were among the best in the country. Baumgartner attended Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School and Westminster Schools when he was a child.
Baumgartner competed in speech and drama competitions at Westminster Schools and even placed at the national level. During his senior year of high school, he did a lot of acting and also attended the National High School Institute at Northwestern College to study theater. Baumgartner earned his bachelor’s degree from Southern Methodist College in 1995. He majored in theater there.
After graduating from college, Baumgartner moved to Los Angeles to look for work in the film industry and at TV. He appeared in several productions and was artistic director of Hidden Theater.
When Baumgartner applied for the N.B.C. comedy series “The Office,” he had his big break. The actor was cast for the role of Kevin Malone, a quirky and fussy accountant. Baumgartner did a great job as Kevin and earned many laughs from the series’ viewers.
Baumgartner has starred in many popular TV series, including “Criminal Minds,” “Arrested Development,” “Everwood,” “Good Behavior” and “Chicago Fire” The actor has also appeared in a number of films, including “License to Wed,” “Four Christmases” and “Ordinary World” In 2020, Baumgartner released a podcast on Spotify titled “An Oral History of the Office” Baumgartner’s co-stars from “The Office” joined him on his podcast for a round of interviews.
In April 2014, Brian Baumgartner married Celeste Ackelson. Brylee Bea Baumgartner was born to Ackelson and Baumgartner on February 19, 2015.
Baumgartner has a large following online as he is very active on social media such as Twitter and Instagram. Pictures from his private life often appear on his public Instagram and Twitter accounts.
Baumgartner enjoys playing golf and often participates in tournaments in the state of California. In addition to film and television roles, he has also appeared in a number of commercials and music videos. Currently, he and his family live in Del Mar, California.
Timeline Of Brian Baumgartner’s Career
- In the 2003 episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation titled “Fur and Loathing”, Brian Baumgartner made his acting debut on television.
- Baumgartner got his big break when he appeared in the role of Kevin Malone in the situation comedy series ‘The Office” of the network “NBC”, after appearing in supporting roles in such series as “LAX”, ‘Arrested Development”, ‘Jake in Progress” and ‘Everwood” From 2005 to 2013 he played the role in a total of 201 episodes. He also directed “After Hours”, the sixteenth episode of the ninth season of the series.
- Baumgartner’s role in “The Office’ made him a well-known figure in the United States. The Office: The Accountants’ and “The Office: Kevin’s Loan” were just two of the numerous spinoffs in which he starred. For his role in the online series “The Office: The Accountants,” he was nominated and awarded a Daytime Emmy Award in June 2007, along with Oscar Nunez and Angela Kinsey.
- In a 2011 episode of “Adventure Time” titled “Heat Signature” he provided the voice of Georgy.
- The following year he played Bob Jansen in Eric Hayden’s science fiction film “Astronaut: The Last Push” the following year.
- From ‘Maker Shack Agency’ to ‘Charles, Your Hangover,” “Criminal Minds,” “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ to ‘Bad Teacher,’ “Rake” and ‘The Bridge,’ he appeared in seven shows on TV in 2014.
- In a 2015 episode of the comedy series Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn, he played the role of Jo McCoy. Also in the same year, he appeared in three episodes of the hit sitcom Melissa & Joey ( TV ) as Hank Jeffers.
- Baumgartner appeared in supporting roles in five different TV shows in 2016: “The Crossroads of History,” “Scream Queens,” “Blunt Talk,” “Chicago Fire” and “The Goldbergs” He also appeared in films such as “Ordinary World” and “Diagnosis Delicious” from the same year (TV film).
- In the 2016 ghost comedy “Ghostbusters”: Answer the Call, directed by Paul Feig, he embodied the role of Frank the Mercado. However, the theatrical version of the film did not include his role.
- In 2017, he appeared in four episodes of the online series Hand of God as Dr. Olonari. In the same year, he had a small role in the series Good Behavior and a starring role as Dean in the CBS situation comedy series Life in Pieces.
- He was featured as Krinkles in a 2018 episode of the Netflix comedy series Disjointed. Also that year, he played Escott in the romantic comedy “One Last Night,” directed by Anthony Sabet. The following year, he was cast in the lead role in the comedy “My Boyfriend’s Meds,” in which he played the role of Chase.
- He auditioned for a different role. In the pilot episode of “The Office,” Brian Baumgartner applied for the role of Stanley.
- To put it simply, he is a golf fanatic. Baumgartner often plays golf.
- Whiskey is one of his favorite drinks. Baumgartner has a preference for Canadian whiskey.
- He used to be a paralegal. To earn money, he worked as a paralegal for a while.
- He even wrote a cookbook about chili. Unlike the character he plays on TV, Brian is a real chili expert and fan who takes his chili preparation very seriously.
Why We Admire Brian Baumgartner
He Did A Great Job Playing The Role Of Kevin Malone
Actor Brian Baumgartner is undoubtedly a gem. But his performance as Kevin in “The Office” was out of this world. Kevin was an outstanding comedic performer on the show.
He Did A Lot Of Good For The Community
Together, Baumgartner and his wife, Celeste Ackelson, are active in the nonprofit sector. Charities they support include Make-A-Wish, the Lili Claire Foundation and the Nevada Cancer Institute.
He Is A Wonderful Host
The audio, “An Oral History of the Office,” which Baumgartner hosts, is a fascinating listen. He conducts fascinating interviews with his “The Office” cast mates. Baumgartner is responsible for keeping the show so funny and exciting.