Radiofrequency microneedling is one of the most common cosmetic ways to rejuvenate your skin. Are you considering getting RF microneedling? Looking for RF microneedling before and after procedure and precautions? If yes, then you must read this blog. In this comprehensive article, we have mentioned the meaning and benefits of RF microneedling. Also, get to know RF microneedling before and after procedure and precautions.
So, without further delay, let’s get started.
An Overview Of RF Microneedling
Is your skin prone to wrinkles and acne scars? Looking for an effective way to rejuvenate your skin? Want to have younger-looking skin? If yes, you can consider RF microneedling. Call it skin needling or collagen induction therapy, RF microneedling is an invasive procedure that can work wonders for your skin.
From repairing damaged skin to treating skin issues like acne, scars, and wrinkles, this procedure can prove to be very beneficial for your skin.
The best thing about this skin-friendly procedure is that it is minimally invasive as compared to other treatments like chemical peels and dermabrasion.
In this procedure, a beauty expert uses a fine needle that releases radiofrequency to create micro-wounds or channels in the skin. Doing so stimulates collagen, elastin, and capillaries production in the skin.
Who Can Consider Radiofrequency microneedling?
Someone with the following skin issues can consider RF microneedling.
- Large pores
- Fine lines
- Stretch marks
- Loose, sagging skin
Though radiofrequency microneedling is safe, not everyone can consider having it.
Some of the conditions to be an ideal candidate for RF microneedling are listed below.
- A candidate must have a good health
- Your skin must have early signs of aging
- Have realistic expectations
Avoid The Treatment
Alternatively, avoid the treatment in case of the following conditions listed below.
- If use Accutane
- Have an active cold sore breakout
- Suffering from a skin infection
- Patients with severe skin diseases like psoriasis
- Receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Pregnant women
- Taking anticoagulants
RF Microneedling Before And After Procedure
If you are interested in getting a radiofrequency microneedling, make sure to get it done by an experienced and knowledgeable cosmetic surgeon having expertise in the industry. Interested to know the RF microneedling before and after the procedure? Here it is.
Before The Procedure
At your initial consultation, your medical provider will ask you some questions about your skin issues, medical history, and expectations. High chance that they will click pictures of your skin to help you know the best procedure to treat your skin issue. Also, they will provide you with the best tips to prepare yourself for the procedure. You are free to ask questions to your medical provider.
During The Procedure
During the procedure day, you can expect
- Your doctor to deep cleanse your skin to prevent any infection.
- Generally, a topical anesthetic is applied to affected skin almost 1 hour before the procedure. In some cases, a local anesthetic may be injected instead. The anesthetic is given to numb your skin so you don’t feel any pain during the procedure
- A microneedling device that releases radiofrequency creates micro-wounds or channels in the skin. The whole procedure takes anywhere between 10 to 20 minutes depending on your skin condition.
- Lastly, a growth solution is applied to your skin to support cell regeneration. Later, a soothing solution is applied to combat any discomfort.
After The Procedure
Once the skin treatment is done, you can go back to your home and get back to your normal activities.
RF Microneedling Before And After Care Tips
Though RF microneedling is an extremely safe and effective procedure, it is important to take some precautions before and after the procedure to experience the desired results and fast recovery.
- Avoid having accutane six months before the start of your treatment.
- Avoid using topical agents like retinoids and exfoliants that may make your skin more sensitive a week before your treatment.
- Avoid any anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen at least 3 days before your treatment.
- Don’t expose your skin to harsh sun rays at least 2 weeks before your procedure.
- Avoid IPL/Laser procedures at least 2 weeks before your treatment.
- Avoid waxing or depilatory creams on the treatment area a week prior.
- Avoid shaving your skin on the day of treatment to prevent skin irritation.
- If you are sensitive to cold sores, have an antiviral agent for 2 days before and on the day of the procedure.
- Don’t take any blood thinning agents at least 7 days prior to your treatment.
- Avoid having any anti-inflammatory drugs for a maximum of 7 days after the treatment.
- Avoid using ice or bromelain on your face.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun to prevent sunburns and sun tanning for at least 2 weeks. Make sure to use sunscreen when outdoors.
- If case of any soreness, take a painkiller recommended by your medical provider.
How Much Does Microneedling Cost?
Well, the cost of microneedling depends on various factors like
- the extent of your treatment
- your medical provider
- your location
- number of follow-up treatments you need
That’s all about RF Microneedling.
Hoping you liked the article. Stay tuned for more updates.