Online food ordering apps are being highly depended on in the modern-day world. The need for food delivery is not surprising as the utility of the internet and its benefits are known to everyone. Many businesses, big or small, modern or old, adapt and adopt modern techniques to pitch customers and succeed through shortcuts. To follow the footsteps of big giants, many companies obtain their clone scripts and use them to earn the output. The fundamental reason behind this is to incorporate the same functions into their business and achieve similar results. That being said, launching the Just Eat clone app will give the business the precise results it desires.
Reasons to launch Just Eat clone app
The need for food delivery apps is prevalent throughout the world. The food delivery apps offer the consumers the convenience of staying at home, ordering and delivering their needed food. Food delivery apps are growing at a high rate globally. Globally, the food delivery applications are expected to grow at 7% CAGR from 2020-2024. This forecasts the growth and impact food delivery platforms can bring to the app market.
E-commerce services are experiencing a boom as people do not step out of their homes owing to the pandemic. Food delivery apps held the same value as they hold now in people’s lives. The prevalence of the virus has resulted in people opting more for e-commerce services, including people who preferred shopping traditionally for all the products. This gives a clear-cut reason to develop and launch an on-demand food delivery app like Just Eat.
On-demand Food delivery app: Statistics and Facts
- Just Eat was founded in 2010 in Kolding, Denmark.
- It is headquartered in London
- It acquired 250 restaurants in November 2008 from Eatcity. ie
- The company went through three funding rounds in 2009, 2011 and 2012, and earned the investment of 10.5 million, 30 million, and 40 million pounds, respectively.
- 90% of the company’s revenue comes from the commissions they charge the restaurants and customers with.
- In 2019, the company acquired Flyt, a software company that develops software for food suppliers and restaurants, for 22 million pounds.
- London Stock Exchange-listed the company on London Stock Exchange until February 2020, when Takeaway.com acquired it.
- Just Eat operates in 11 countries in Europe, North America, South America, Australasia.
Working model of Just Eat Clone
Just Eat clone app contains four app models to suit the needs of various parties.
- Customer app
- Delivery agent app
- Restaurant app
- Admin app
How does the Just Eat clone work?
The customers select their location and browse through the restaurants. After choosing the restaurant, the customers go through the menu and order food based on their availability. While ordering, they select their preferred payment method: COD, Net banking, e-wallets, or payment through debit or credit card.
The restaurant gets notified about the order along with the pick-up time. The restaurant should keep the food prepared before the given time.
The nearest delivery agent receives a notification regarding the order with the details of the customer and restaurant. The agent reaches the restaurant at the allotted time, picks up the food, reaches the customer’s destination, and delivers.
The admin monitors the activities of the three parties. The admin-app acts as a control room, measures, and watches every move of the parties. The admin panel will script the software in a way to make the app functioning easy for everyone.
Points to remember before signing up for an on-demand food delivery app development
- Have a clear blueprint of your business from the beginning till the end. Set motives and find different ways to achieve your objectives. The business plan should be clear, concise, and not deviate from one to another immediately.
- Conduct complete research about consumer’s most preferred cuisine and favorite restaurants in your target area. The preferences may vary from region to region. Hence, conduct surveys and analyze consumer preferences and sign up for tie-ups with the restaurants.
- Create a unique selling point for your service. Consumers constantly search for a unique aspect in everything they need. For example, you can offer them free cutlery, small water bottles, or a complimentary beverage with your order. Customers love getting products for free. Ensure to maintain your cash flow, and these fall into your budget.
- Fix a budget. The budget should include long-term and short-term. Working capital is essential to run the business. Predominantly, there should be a format to source money constantly for funding capital.
- Contact a developer with relevant expertise in on-delivery food delivery app development.
- Enquire regarding the cost of app features. Add only the necessary features to the app as the cost of the app varies with different features.
- Test the app to eliminate any glitches and ensure there is a sound performance.
- Opt for an MVP to test the app initially and proceed further with development as it can save lots of damage
- Launch the app on the desired platforms.
- Update the app features and optimize the performance level frequently.
Cost of developing the Just Eat clone
The cost of development of such apps varies depending on the company’s brand, location, developer experience, etc. In case customizations are opted for, the development cost will be based on the features installed in the app. The development cost also depends on the platform you wish to launch in. The development cost for the play store will be high as there are several Android devices to test compared to iOS.
The app, developed with an online food ordering script, facilitates customers’ orders quickly and helps to process the online food order delivery smoothly. The cost of the app varies depending on several factors. You may earn revenue through providing monthly or yearly subscriptions, commissions from restaurants and customers, delivery charges, and service fees.